April 14, 2013

schedule? what schedule?


Tour…routine or no routine? that is the question

“Be thankful for quiet days, when nothing special seems to be happening. Instead of being bored by the lack of action, use times of routine to seek My Face. Although this is an invisible transaction, it speaks volumes in spiritual realms. Moreover, you are richly blessed when you walk trustingly with Me through the routines of your day.” Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

I have a simple routine. Get up, shower, eat, go to school, teach, come home, relax, eat, shower, and go to bed.
My routine, however, is often get up, shower, eat, relax at home all day (school is cancelled often and either I go to school then come back-because no one showed up-or I do not even go because I already know it is cancelled…), eat, shower, and go to bed.

When I first arrived in Chuuk, this excessive amount of down time bothered me. I felt bored or anxious to do something. In America I always had something to do and a routine/plan for each day.
I now enjoy my days of having nothing to do. I never plan my day; I just go with the flow and do whatever comes my way.
Maybe I…
Read all day
Sit in our utt all day listening to Chuukese (trying to understand it!)
Play with my siblings or other village kids all day
Go swimming
Sit and stare off into space (actually I stare off into the ocean….)
Listen to music all day
Try to help around the house (I am still limited on what I can help my host mom with…)
Or maybe I do all of those things

My new routine is never having a routine…and I am okay with that because I know that Jesus is always leading me through my day. Whatever I happen to do is what He wants me to do. I have learned to recognize that and not think to myself I wish I would have done/I really needed to do such and such today…because every day is perfect in its own way, whether it is crazy busy or nice and quiet.

Let God plan your day/routine, you may never know where He is leading you but that is all part of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment