January 9, 2012

the more i seek You

this weeks tour...ME!
preparing for a huge life change...means i have a million things on my 'to do' list!
i have many things to take care of to prepare and get ready to move half way around the world. a majority of those involve things of the physical human nature-saying goodbye to family/friends, deciding what to pack (call me crazy, but yes i have started a pile of things to take), getting my finances in order, and the list goes on for about another mile!
last week in church, i was reminded that i must also be preparing myself spiritually. it was on my 'to do' list just not at the top. 
being a highly organized person, i always have a plan. it is my plan, and set up just the way i like it (or at least the way i think it should be). as always God's plan is different...
so this is how my week began. 
devotion theme for january
"for I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
wow! okay You have my attention.
the rest of the week is as follows: "come to Me with a teachable spirit, eager to be changed." "relax in My healing Presence." "refresh yourself in the Peace of My Presence." "I want you to learn a new habit." "you can achieve the victorious life through living in deep dependence on Me." "I am able to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine." "it is impossible to praise or thank Me too much." "softly I announce My Presence." (i read a daily devotional by Sarah Young. Jesus Calling-enjoying peace in His Presence, it is amazing!)
double wow! okay i can no longer ignore this theme.
so everyday i began with a whisper from God, telling me to let go, of my stubborn earthly ways-that is the hardest thing (for me) to do! but i will try.
my new plan...is to first prepare myself spiritually. how should i go about doing this?
"but if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him if you look for Him with all your heart and with all you soul." Deuteronomy 4:29
i first heard this song last week at church...another whisper
my new breath prayer (a breath prayer is saying phrases while you breath in and out to focus and is also symbolic of filling and emptying our lives) breath in...the more i seek you, breath out...the more i find You.
plans change all the time. the top of my 'to do' list now says JESUS. seeking Him in everything i do to prepare for my journey, will make it that much more special and amazing!
before i continue window shopping the world, i need to focus on my own spiritual relationship with Jesus. these months before i leave are a time for Jesus to prepare me. so that when the time comes i will be ready for all the things He shows me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment