February 10, 2013

it is okay to be taken care of

Tour…sick (déjà vu)
Yes I have written about being sick already…but I cannot seem to get away from it…
This time it was my stomach…
I did not have an appetite. Feeling blah, and had to stay close to the bathroom…
My host mom was so worried about me; it was nice to have her take care of me. She did some more local medicine. She got the leaves from a local tree and rubbed them with coconut oil on my stomach. She made me special meals (meaning she asked me what I wanted to eat before making my food). While I rested she stayed in the house with me to make sure I was okay.

I was beginning to really feel down and smothered by the evil one, he was taking advantage of my weak health.
The devotion for the day I was really sick
February 8
“I am above all things: your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in the ever-changing world. When you behold My Face, you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms. This is the way of Peace, living in the Light of My Presence. I guarantee that you will always have problems in this life, but they must not become you focus. When you feel yourself sinking in the sea of circumstances, say “Help me, Jesus!” and I will draw you back to Me. If you have to say that thousands of times daily, don’t be discouraged. I know you weakness, and I meet you in that very place.”
By Sarah Young

I know that life is not easy and laid out step by step, but I have learned that it is okay to be taken care of. I have to stop being so stubborn and let other take care of me, especially Jesus. If I am able to allow those around me here take care of me, then I will learn to allow Jesus to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment