May 21, 2012

surprise visitors!

this weeks tour...the countdown begins, and remembering my inspiration
*17 days until departure...
My life took a turn after my mission trip to Haiti.
I was at a point in my life when I was not sure of my next step.
I thought I had a plan. 
I asked God to move in me in a big way. (be careful what you ask for, or at least be ready for any answer He will give)
He did!
Haiti was a stepping stone for what God had planned for my next step.
I was so blessed by my friends in Haiti, they have left an unforgettable impact on my life. 
The leaders (Dan and Irene) from Faith Missions International and the parents (Smith and Katia) of the orphanage came for a visit this week at church!! I was so excited to see them! (it was like opening a present on Christmas morning)
I was so glad that I had the chance to see them before my journey, and to thank them for the impact they left on me.
Smith and Katia's testimony is so amazing, and their faith is incredible!
Hearing their story was just what I needed in my last few days here.
Smith talked about how when we follow the Lord, the road is not always easy.
I know that I will have good days and bad days on my journey, but I need to remember to keep my faith and trust in the Lord. He will always be with me and bring me through the ups and downs.
Each little step I take is a blessing from Jesus.
I am forever grateful for meeting and knowing Dan, Irene, Smith, and Katia.
Thank you Jesus for everything, even surprise visits from my friends from Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment