May 7, 2012

Micronesia here I come!

this weeks tour...good lucks and good-byes (island party style)
I have had a pretty busy weekend.
But...
I am so glad (and blessed) to have the opportunity to do all of these things before I leave!
1. Dinner and a movie with the other half of my brain. (I share a brain with a co-worker...so much so that when we had dinner we ordered the exact same thing!)
2. Peace Corps send-off brunch. Awesome! I was able to meet Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, people who have just started the application process, and people in the same boat as me-getting ready to leave. (great conversations, and valuable packing advice)
Then...this morning I woke up feeling so unprepared! (more than ever during this whole process) I think because the reality is starting to set in.
Then I read this...
May 6
"Do not search for security in the world you inhabit. You tend to make mental checklists of things you need to do in order to gain control of your life. If only you could check everything off your list, you could relax and be at peace. But the more you work to accomplish that goal, the more things crop up on your list. The harder you try, the more frustrated you become. There is a better way to find security in this life. Instead of scrutinizing your checklist, focus your attention on My Presence with you. This continual contact with Me will keep you in My Peace. Moreover, I will help you sort out what is important and what is not, what needs to be done now and what does not. Fix your eyes not on what is seen (your circumstances), but on what is unseen (My Presence)"
by Sarah Young
Jesus always has the right words at the right time! I still have a checklist (and I always will! that is just the way I am) but I am asking for His guiding hand in what is important and what needs to be put on the back burner.
3. Party! My parents put together a going away party for me. It was so great to see everyone and say good-bye before I go. (I did not even cry!) I was so happy to see family and friends that I have not seen in years!
I was not expecting gifts, but I received some awesome (and very useful) things! (Thank You everyone!)
  ~journals/stationary
  ~books/devotionals
  ~Swiss army knife
  ~collapsible water bottle
  ~travel laundry line (would have never thought of that!)
and this
He will hold your hand Isiah 41:13
I have a thing for stars...this is from my parents with the verse inscribed in the inside. (Thanks mom and dad! I Love You!)
and we took a family photo
Thank you everyone, it means so much to me that I have a HUGE support system! Thank You! Thank You!
God has blessed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment