May 14, 2012

to bring or not to bring...that is the question

this weeks tour...packing
*first...a shout out to my wonderful mommy! thanks for everything you do, you are the best! Happy Mother's Day*
I hate packing...I always wait until the night before I leave to do it. (sometimes I even wait until the morning!)
I know this trip is different and that waiting is probably not the best idea. (the truth is I have kind of been packing since December, my suit cases-only allowed to bring two-have been open on my floor and every time I got something for my trip I threw it in them)
So...
I 'packed' my things this weekend. (with the help of my mommy-thanks!)
I made a checklist and made sure I had everything I needed or wanted.
I now have a little list with some last minute shopping. (good thing I 'packed'!)
I am a planner, organizer, and have been described by my family as a little OCD.
What can I say I like things a certain way...my way.
I have decided to try and let myself give that over to God. (it is SO hard!)
God is teaching me on this journey to release my control of things to Him. To trust Him and know with all my heart that He knows what He is doing.
May 13
"Thank Me in the midst of the crucible. When things seem all wrong, look for growth opportunities. Especially, look for areas where you need to let go, leaving your cares in My able hands. Do you trust Me to orchestrate your life events as I choose, or are you still trying to make things go according to your will? If you keep trying to carry out your intentions while I am leading you in another direction, you deify your desires. Be on the lookout for what I am doing in your life. Worship Me by living close to Me, thanking Me in all circumstances."
by Sarah Young
(I love this devotional...everyday speaks to me so personally...Jesus knows just what I need to hear!)
This journey will be full of unknowns, and I am ready to trust and embrace each one He puts on my path! With Jesus by my side every step of the way!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15.5.12

    I love you too Elana. Thanks for letting me pack with you!! I am proud of what you are doing and feel confident that you are doing the right thing and that I do not need to worry because God is always holding you in his hands... especially through the tough scary stuff...even the creepy crawly things:)

    Mom <3

    ReplyDelete