June 2, 2013

hot showers!?

tour...a nice hot shower

I almost forgot that hot showers existed! (how could I ever forget that?!)
For the past year I have been taking cold bucket showers. At first they were cold and I thought to myself how am I going to do this for 2 years! (that lasted about 2 weeks!)
It is so hot here cold showers are actually nice, and I actually love bucket showers! (I take at least 2 showers a day, sometimes 3-morning, noon and night).
My fellow PCV’s and I treated ourselves to the nice hotel in town. I took my first hot shower in a year! (it was so hot I had to turn the cold water on a little higher!) It was the most amazing shower I have taken in my entire life.
It is amazing what hot water can do…like rinse all the soap out of your hair and off your body! I have not felt that squeaky clean in a long time. It was also weird showering with 2 hands (using a bucket one hand is devoted to always scooping and pouring water).

It is the little things in life that bring pure joy and happiness to my day. (but whenever I am away from my island overnight, I just want to go home and be on my own plywood bed and use my own bucket shower-does this mean I have adapted into my PC life to well?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment